’A perfect match for our New Zealand lifestyle’
'12 fashion colours, selected for our New Zealand lifestyle by a company that stands behind its products.'
Cleaning and Care
Congratulations on your choice of a Prime Stone Engineered Stone benchtop. You have selected a beautiful and extremely durable product that will retain its good looks. Prime Stone is made from 93% natural quartz mixed with 7% pigment and resin. These are heated and compacted to form a smooth high density surface. Prime Stone is durable and relatively impervious to moisture, with superior anti-bacterial properties. To ensure your Prime Stone Benchtop retains its beauty please follow these guidelines.
1. General Cleaning – Simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth and mild detergent. To degrease, use a non-abrasive cleaner such as Ajax Stone Safe Spray And Wipe then wipe with a clean damp cloth. It is good hygienic practice to wipe off spilt liquids and food immediately.
2. More stubborn marks and spills will require the use of an approved Crème Cleanser (take care to follow the instructions on the label), mixed with water and a “Scotch Brite All Purpose Cleaning Pad”. Important Note: Do not rub excessively in one area as this may change the appearance of the Benchtop. Rub in a wide, circular motion. Buff dry with a clean, dry towel to avoid leaving a streaky appearance.
3. Food, chewing gum, nail polish or paints stuck to the surface can be scraped off with a sharp blade. Any residual metal marks can be easily removed by following Step 2 above.
4. The use of non pH neutral chemicals is prohibited. Do not sse or spill bleach, caustic soda, Draino, oven cleaners, paint strippers or petroleum-based products on your Prime Stone Benchtop. Do NOT use Jif.
5. Prime Stone surfaces can tolerate moderate heat but sudden temperature changes can permanently damage them. Always place a heat pad or trivet underneath pots and pans, cooking appliances such as kettles, electric frying pans, crock pots and cooktop ovens.
6. Chips and damage – Remember your benchtop is highly impact resistant, however not impact proof! Knocks to surface edges with steel pots, frying pans or even wine bottles could lead to chips in the surfaces. If this happens contact your Kitchen Manufacturer or Benchtop Fabricator for advice. The surface can often be repaired.
The Prime Stone Honed finish offers a silky touch, non-reflective matt surface. Prime Stone Honed may require more regular cleaning and care than our polished finish, as outlined above.
Resene Total Colour System
Matching the most popular hues in the Resene Total Colour System, Prime Melamine colours co-ordinate for a contemporary look, or make a design statement on their own.
Swatches displayed here on your monitor may differ to actual so please request a sample if you are uncertain before placing your order!